Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder

16:09

All over the world, makeup artists and enthusiasts are riding the obsession train or trend known as strobing. Now to me, strobing and highlighting are almost the same thing. Highlighting is adding light to the highest points of the face. Strobing is the technique of doing that. That's how I think of it.

Being the crazed makeup artist that I am, I love highlighting/strobing. And when new products come out, you know I have to try it. I see it as something that is part of my job. I have to educate myself by experimenting with these products and knowing how they work. So when I heard Hourglass was coming out with strobing products, I was all over it. 

Hourglass is one of my favourite makeup brands. Their products are truly beautiful and are made of great quality. If you haven't tried this brand, I highly recommend running to your local Sephora and getting a couple of samples or having one of the ladies brush some goodness on your face!


Here we have the Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder. The packaging is always very elegant and light. Easy for travel or for those who are constantly running late.


Price: $48 (Canadian)

Hourglass came out with 6 shades of their strobing powders. I bought this shade called Brilliant. If you're interested in other colours, just click the link: http://www.sephora.com/ambient-strobe-lighting-powder-P404706?skuId=1780014


In natural light.

The formula of the strobing powders is very light and it has a velvet like feel. If you are someone who doesn't like that whole metallic "see my glow from space" kind of highlight, this is a perfect option for you. This powder gives off a very natural, light from within glow. Of course, you can pack this on for a concentrated effect. You can also apply this wet by applying product on your brush and spraying your brush with something like MAC's Fix +. Hourglass sells a sponge applicator along with the strobing powders, which will press the product on to the skin for you. I apply this product on the highest points of the cheekbones, tip of the nose and cupid's bow. 

I have been using this product for a week and a half now and so far, I really enjoy it. My skin is dry and sensitive and it doesn't irritate it at all. It's a great highlighter when you are on the go or if you are looking for a more natural look. This highlight is perfect for those who have a normal, dry and combination skin because it won't make you look greasy. Oily skin can wear this too just be cautious of where you are applying your glow. If you are someone who is new to makeup or highlighting, this is a great introduction because you can't really go overboard with it.



With flash.


Close up of Brilliant.


Swatch of strobing powder.

*Note: All photos have been taken with my camera and belong to me*

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe