Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops

20:41



It has happened again! Yet another company has released a highlighting product. But you won't hear me complaining... I love to make myself glow. There's just something magical about looking like your skin is producing gold out of your pores! However, Cover FX has done it in a different way, with a unique formula. I have tried lots of highlighters and I can honestly say that I have not seen anything quite like their Custom Enhancer Drops.


When I first heard about this product through all the social media hype, I was very excited to get my hands on it and try it out. Originally, I wanted to get three shades to add to my kit, but I told myself to calm the hell down and just start with one. If you are interested in other shades, they are absolutely beautiful and you can click on this link for more info: http://www.sephora.com/custom-enhancer-drops-P409765?skuId=1826973&icid2=products%20grid:p409765

I would highly recommend going to your local Sephora and trying the shades on your skin. Social media and even photos can be misleading. I can honestly say that it was rather difficult taking photos and capturing the product and it's sheen. The Enhancer Drops retail at $52 CAN. One bottle has 0.52 FL OZ which makes the price a little bit steep but, the amount of product you get will last you your lifetime. 

Like I said before, I was looking to purchase 3 shades which are Moonlight, Sunlight and Candlelight. Moonlight and Sunlight are very similar and I feel that you don't need both. Sunlight is a bit more gold, so if you are someone who has a yellow or olive undertone, this one is for you. Candlelight is a bit deeper, it is a beautiful bronze which will look gorgeous on someone with a deep tan or a naturally chocolate skin tone. Celestial is the lightest one and it has a strong silver undertone, which is perfect for those with a porcelain undertone. It was really beautiful but unfortunately it is too light for me. I feel that in the future, I will purchase Candlelight for my kit and just for the sole purpose of mixing it with my NARS Liquid Bronzer.



This is Sunlight, it has a high metallic shine. All of the shades hold this type of sheen.

As you can see, this product is a liquid highlighter. The formula is light but creamy. It blends very easily but it does dry quickly, so play time is limited. If you take too long to blend this, keep in mind that it can make that area patchy. When applying this product, remember this: a little goes a long way. Start with a very small amount and build the product until you are happy with the consistency/glow that you have. You can mix your Cover FX drops in your foundation, or apply it directly to the skin. You can apply it with your liquid products or you can apply it on top of a powder product... just remember to apply little and build. However, I wouldn't apply this product or any liquid product on top of a heavy coverage product (like MAC Studio Fix powder). That is just a recipe for a cakey disaster.

When it comes to the way I apply this, I feel that I have more of a "old school" approach. What I mean by that is, I like to apply liquid products on top of each other, before I go in with dry products. Think of it as baking goods - you add the wet ingredients together first, before applying the dry ingredients. I also like to mix my makeup products ALOT. I begin with mixing my primer with a light moisturizer, blending it into the face and allowing the skin to absorb those first. Then I mix my foundation, liquid bronzer and a tiny hint of Sunlight. I apply that potion on the face and let it sit. Before applying a powder highlighter, I like to add a small amount of Sunlight, directly on the areas where I want a glow - cheekbones, bridge of the nose, cupid's bow, centre of bottom lip, tear duct, brow bone and sometimes even the décolletage.


A swatch of Sunlight on the tip of my finger. Capturing swatches of products is something I am not good at so I apologize. I need a camera that can zoom and focus better.


A swatch on the hand.


Sunlight blended on the hand. Look at that glow. It really sits beautifully on the skin.

Overall, I highly recommend this product to everyone who loves a beautiful highlight. Cover FX did such an excellent job on a unique formula and all the colour ranges. I would love to see Cover FX do a liquid blush version, as well. These drops will last you forever and you can wear this product all over your face. The drops are easy to work with, whether you are a makeup artist, enthusiast or just a humble beginner. Happy experimenting!

*Note all photos were taken by me and belong to me*







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe