Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadow

15:34


Ahh...glitter goodness! Who can resist?! Obviously, not me... Ever since Stila was teasing us with sneaks and peeks of these products, I became interested. Yes, the glitter was the attraction. But the shape that they were in, puzzled me a bit. Is it a glittery gloss? Glitter eyeliner? Liquid glittery lipstick? No, none of the above. As the name states, they are liquid glitter eyeshadows.

Basically, I went into my local Sephora last week and decided to purchase one: Rose Gold Retro. The very next day, I decided to wear it and I was immediately obsessed. So much so, that I bought a second: Smouldering Satin.




The Stila liquid eyeshadows retail for $31 CAN each. They contain 4.5 mL of product.

The formula is very creamy and easy to work with/blend. They do set quickly, so I like to focus on one eye first before it sets and then move on to the other. I wouldn't say they are waterproof because they do come off easily when using a makeup wipe. However, when they do set on the skin, they do not transfer or move. I have oily lids so much so that after I apply my primer, I do set it with a powder. The glitters did not seperate or crease on any lines. The pigmentation of these is very rich and beautiful. I especially love that both the colour and glitter are vibrant and flow really well together. The biggest pet peeve that I have about products like these, is that usually the colour is stronger than the glitter (or vice versa). These are an exception to that, which I really appreciate.


Top: Smouldering Satin Bottom: Rose Gold Retro



As you can see, the applicator is a doe foot. I like to apply this product on a flat brush (MAC #242 is perfection) and then blend it on the eyelid. Feel free to use the applicator straight on the eye lid. Just be careful because this product is both creamy and pigmented. 


With flash,  Rose Gold Retro (left) and Smouldering Satin (right).


Natural light, Rose Gold Retro (left) and Smouldering Satin (right).

Overall, I'm very obsessed and impressed with Stila and their beautiful product! I'm so excited to try more colours and create some fun looks using these :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe