Alchemist

12:40

Recently, I've been obsessed with the whole iridescent, holographic type of look. When Kat Von D's Alchemist palette came out, the urge to do something like that became hard to resist. Originally, I wasn't going to buy this palette but when I went to my Sephora, that changed. I really love the buttery texture of the highlighters and I am happy to say that the palette gets a lot of love!




Products Used

Eyes

  • MAC Prep + Prime Pen in Medium: applied a small amount of this highlighting concealer all over the eye. This gives me a fresh base to work on, since I will be adding different holographic colours. Also, I chose this product because it has a nice thin consistency, which sets on the skin quickly.
  • MAC Ivy Fluidline: using a fine brush, I drew on a liner just above the crease. I really love the effect it gives the eye. It's quite bold but very simple.
  • Kat Von D Alchemist Palette - Green Emerald: this shade was applied in all corners of the eye. I started with the inner and outer corners. Green Emerald was also applied underneath the crease to compliment the Ivy liner.
  • Kat Von D Alchemist Palette - Blue Sapphire: blended to the edges of Green Emerald. This creates a beautiful holographic effect between the two colours.
  • Kat Von D Alchemist Palette - Pink Opal: this colour was swept on the centre of the lid. Afterwards, I used Pink Opal on the lower inner portion, just to tie in the pink.
  • Kiss Lashes in Graceful: cut to fit the eye and applied to the lash line.
  • Beads: the holographic beads that are applied by the lash base were applied using lash glue. This step is really easy. Just remember to take your time and to use the smallest amount of glue. I bought the beads at the Dollar Store.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe